The Harold G. Fox Moot is intended to promote the furtherance of education in the intellectual property field, and to provide participants with the opportunity to interact with jurists of the Supreme, Ontario, and Federal Courts and experienced practitioners of intellectual property law. It is named in honour of the late Harold G. Fox, one of Canada’s leading intellectual property scholars and advocates.
The Fox Moot is sponsored by DLA Piper (Canada) LLP and administered by a committee of judges and practitioners.
2018 Fox Moot Committee
- Justice Suzanne Côté, Supreme Court of Canada
- Chief Justice Marc Noël, Federal Court of Appeal
- Justice David Stratas, Federal Court of Appeal
- Justice Gloria J. Epstein, Ontario Court of Appeal
- Chief Justice Paul Crampton, Federal Court
- Justice Michael Manson, Federal Court
- Justice Michael A. Penny, Superior Court of Justice for Ontario
- Ryan Evans, Committee Chair, DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
- Sangeetha Punniyamoorthy, DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
- Geoff Mowatt, DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
We thank the committee members for volunteering their time and assistance in developing and administering the moot.